Santi Roca Fàbrega
Main research interests and summary of my research career:
- Research interests
- Numerical simulations: cosmological simulations of galaxy formation with gravity and hydrodynamics, n-body simulations of individual galaxies, and test particle simulations of galactic structures' evolution (bars and spiral arms).
- Galaxies formation and evolution.
- Kinematics and dynamics of galaxies.
- Milky Way galaxy structure, formation, and evolution.
- Research career
- I got my Graduate in Physics in June 2009 at the Universitat de Barcelona (UB).
- I did my master's degree in Astrophysics (September 2010) also in the Universitat de Barcelona (UB).
- In November 26th, 2014 I defended my PhD thesis entitled "Milky Way-like Galaxy simulations in the Gaia era: Missing baryons and disk large scale structures", at the University of Barcelona. My PhD advisors were Dra. Francesca Figueras (DAM-ICCUB-IEEC, Catalonia) and Dr. Octavio Valenzuela (IA-UNAM, Mexico).
- In 2015 I started a 2 years post-doctoral position at the Racah Institute of Physics of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, in collaboration with Professor Avishai Dekel.
- In 2017 I obtained a master's degree in high-school education at the UNED.
- In 2018 I started a 4 years post-doctoral position within the excellence program "Atracción de Talento Investigador" at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain. There I continued with my research and also became the main lecturer of the "Galaxy formation and Evolution" and "Galactic Dynamics" courses in the Astrophysics master.
- In 2022 I got a "tenure track position" at the IAUNAM-Ensenada, México. Due to administrative problems, I resigned from this position.
- In 2023 I got a "senior research" contract at the Division of Astrophysics, Lund University, Sweden.
- Research responsibilities:
- Coordinator of the AGORA-CosmoRun international project.
- Leader of the ARRAKIHS WP6-Cosmological Simulations.
- Coordinator of the WP-1c in the Gaia-Cost European action.
- Supervisor of 5 PhD thesis both in Spain and Mexico.
More about me!
- I was born in Sant Esteve d'en Bas (La Vall d'en Bas, Catalonia) on 1987, May 22.
- I love nature, and outdoor activities, from hiking to climbing, camping, etc.
- I am used to giving outreach astronomy lectures both theory sessions, practical sessions with telescopes, and naked eye observations.
Displaying of publications. Sorted by year, then title.