I am Office director for Astrophysics and Topic Responsible for Astronomy and Astrophysics at Lund Universtiy.
My field of research is stellar spectroscopy. My main interests deal with the origin of the inner bulge of the Milky Way and the Galactic Center regions. This is performed by investigating stars at high spectral resolution in the near-IR. A red thread through my research projects have been spectroscopy at high resolution with special emphasis on the opportunities that come with cutting-edge IR spectrometers.
- Assembly history of the Nuclear Star Cluster with KECK/NIRSPEC and Gemini/IGRINS, see media Keck Observatory and at IFL Science!
- Origin of the inner Galactic bulge, |b| < 3 degrees with VLT/CRIRES/ISAAC/UVES, NTT/SOFI, Lowell/IGRINS and KECK/NIRSPEC
- Chemical evolution of fluorine, sulfur, and carbon in the Milky Way with VLT/CRIRES/UVES and Lowell/IGRINS, see e.g. Colgate's homepage.
- Water vapor in the atmospheres of Red Giants with Gemini/TEXES, SOFIA/EXES
- The Mg I lines emission at 12 microns, Gemini/TEXES
- Outer atmospheres and winds of red giant star with SOFIA/EXES, Gemini/Phoenix, ISO/SWS/LWS
- Near-IR Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy in the Laboratory with the Edlén laboratory
- IR spectroscopy at high spectral resolution for the E-ELT
- Office director, Astrophysics, Lund University, 2023 -
- Unit head (Enhetschef) for Astronomy at Lund University, 2022
- Professor in Astronomy at Lund Universtiy, 2021-
- Topic Responsible (Ämnesansvarig) for Astronomy och Astrophysics at Lund University, 2020-
- Invited Guest Professor, Observatoire de la Côte d’Azur, Nice, 2019
- ETP (Excellent Teacher Practitioner), Lund University, 2012
- Universitetslektor in Astronomy, 2010-2021
- Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences Research Fellow, 2008-2012
- Appointed Associate at the European Southern Observatory (ESO), Instrumentation Division, Garching bei München, 2007
- Docent in Astronomy with spec. in Astrophysics, Uppsala Universtiy, 2005
- Chercheur associé at GRAAL, Universite Montpellier 2, Autumn 2004, CNRS
- Research Associate in Astrophysics, Uppsala Universtiy, 2003-2007, Swedish Research Council (VR)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Texas at Austin, 2001-2002, STINT
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Uppsala University, 2000, Swedish National Space Board
- Teknologie doktor (Ph.D.) in Astrophysics, 2000, Uppsala Universtiy; (supervisors: Bengt Gustafsson and Kjell Eriksson)
- Civ. ing. in Engineering Physics (212 p), 1994, Lund Institute of Technology
- Sergeant in the Swedish Royal Airforce
Displaying of publications. Sorted by year, then title.