Venue, travel & accommodation
Big Questions in Astrophysics will be held in Lund, Sweden.
From outside Sweden you can reach Lund most conveniently by flying to Copenhagen airport and then taking the train from the airport to Lund. The train ride takes 35-40 min. Tickets cost 140 Swedish Kronor (about 15 EUR) and can be bought from the machine or service counter in the arrivals hall. You must buy your ticket before boarding the train. A taxi costs about 1000 Swedish Kronor (about 100 EUR).
Please note that the currency in Sweden is the Swedish Kronor (SEK). The exchange rate is roughly 10 SEK to the Euro. VISA cards are widely accepted in Sweden.
Local travel information:
- Local buses and trains in Skåne: https://www.skanetrafiken.se/
- Taxi Skåne: +46 46 330 330
- Lund city webpage: http://www.lund.se/
Meeting and workshop venues
The different sessions and workshops will be held in different venues within Lund:
- Transients workshop (April 3): Lundmarksalen lecture theatre (capacity 90), Lund Observatory (Sölvegatan 27; map).
- Dark Matter workshop (April 3): Andromeda room, Lund Observatory (Sölvegatan 27; map).
- Plenary session (April 4): Grand Auditorium (capacity 244), LUX (Helgonavägen 3; map).
- Stars & Galaxies workshop (April 5): Lundmarksalen lecture theatre (capacity 90), Lund Observatory (Sölvegatan 27; map).
You will need to arrange your own accommodation. We recommend the two following local hotels:
- Hotel Lundia: roughly a 20 minute walk from the Observatory.
Address: Knut Den Stores Torg 2, Lund
Tel. +46 46 280 65 00
- Hotel Planetstaden: about a 25 minute walk from the Observatory.
Address: Dalbyvägen 38, Lund
Phone: +46 46 280 01 00
A list of hotels in and around Lund can be found here.